Many Indian Secondary School students consider Mathematics a very difficult subject. Some students encounter difficulty with basic arithmetical operations. Some students feel it difficult to manipulate symbols and balance equations. In other words, abstract and logical reasoning is their hurdle.
Many such difficulties in learning Mathematics enter into a long list if prepared by an experienced teacher of Mathematics. Experts suggest that vedic maths could be a handy tool for those who need to solve mathematical problems faster by the day.
Vedic Maths is a system of reasoning and mathematical working based on ancient Indian teachings called Veda. It is fast, efficient and easy to learn and use. Vedic mathematics, which simplifies arithmetic and algebraic operations has increasingly found acceptance the world over.
- Mathematics, derived from the Veda, provides one line, mental and superfast methods along with quick cross checking systems.
- Vedic Mathematics converts a tedious subject into a playful and blissful one which students learn with smiles.
- Vedic Mathematics offers a new and entirely different approach to the study of Mathematics based on pattern recognition. It allows for constant expression of a student's creativity, and is found to be easier to learn.
- In this system, for any problem, there is always one general technique applicable to all cases and also a number of special pattern problems. The element of choice and flexibility at each stage keeps the mind lively and alert to develop clarity of thought and intuition, and thereby a holistic development of the human brain automatically takes place.
- Vedic Mathematics with its special features has the inbuilt potential to solve the psychological problem of Mathematics - anxiety.