Abacus is a simple tool or a hardware used for performing rapid arithmetic calculations. Calculations based on abacus was invented at ancient times and now widely used a brain development programme. It consists of a rectangular frame holding a number of vertically arranged rods, on which beads slides up and down.
- One of the most popular calculating method from ancient times.
- Children do fast calculations in mind by visualizing Abacus bead movements.
- Researches prove that Abacus learners uses both sides of the brain- left hemisphere & right hemisphere.
- Highly effective in improving the concentration level of children.
- Mental Arithmetic is a term used in Abacus for the calculations done in mind.
- Even large numbers can be calculated in mind, that too within seconds
- Mental arithmetic improves student’s imagination skills.
- Effective in cracking competitive time based tests.
- Mind calculation enhances the concentration level of child.